Wednesday 5 March 2014

Odd Changes - Disposables

I love disposable items.

Not healing potions and wands, but flasks of acid, flaming oil, and caltrops.

Deciding when it's time to use your flaming oil is an innately interesting choice. Even aside from the risks that come with fire; do you use it now or save it for later? This is especially important with brand new characters, who have very limited weapons and resources. Knowing when to light your bomb is a matter of life-or-death.

So I went ahead and added a load more disposables to Into the Odd, especially in the starting packages.

Alongside the familiar favourites we have smoke-bombs, flares, poison, ether, acid, and even fireworks.

Just consider the possibilities. If I have a rocket and you have some fire oil, can we make a rocket propelled molotov? If I have some ether and you have a smoke bomb, can we make a sleeping gas bomb?

1 comment:

  1. I have found that one of the most endless delights is seeing what sort of things players in a DnD-like game will try when handed explosives of any sort. Of course, I have had a tendency to run games for engineers...

    ReplyDelete